Yes, tie is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 3 points by itself.
1. Tie one on Slang To become intoxicated; go on a drinking spree.
2. Tie the knot Slang To get married.
3. Tie the knot Slang To perform a marriage ceremony.
1. A beam or rod that joins parts and gives support.
2. A contest so resulting; a draw.
3. A cord, string, or other means by which something is tied.
4. A necktie.
5. An equality of scores, votes, or performance in a contest: The election ended in a tie.
1. Tie in To bring into or have a close or effective relation; connect or coordinate: two events that do not tie in; tying the movie promotion in with the book sales.
2. Tie into To attack energetically.
3. Tie up Nautical To secure or be secured to a shore or pier; dock.
4. Tie up To impede the progress of; block: The accident tied up traffic.
5. Tie up To keep occupied; engage: She was tied up in a meeting all morning. The phone was tied up for an hour.
1. To fasten, attach, or close by means of a tie.
2. To form a knot or bow in.
3. To make by tying constituent elements.
4. To place or establish in relationship.
5. To unite in marriage.
1. To achieve equal scores in a contest.
2. To be fastened or attached: The apron ties at the back.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters tie, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points