Yes, sail is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 5 points by itself.
1. Nautical A piece of fabric sewn together and fitted to the spars and rigging of a vessel so as to convert the force of the wind into forward motion of the vessel.
2. Nautical A sailing vessel.
3. Nautical A trip or voyage in a sailing craft.
4. Nautical The sails of a ship or boat.
5. Nautical The superstructure of a submarine.
1. Sail into To attack or criticize vigorously: sailed into the workmen for the shoddy job they were doing.
1. To travel on water in a ship.
2. To travel on water by the action of wind upon or by other means.
3. To move or proceed easily, gracefully, nonchalantly, or without resistance .
4. To move through the air .
5. To begin a water voyage .
1. Nautical To move across the surface of water, especially by means of a sailing vessel.
2. Nautical To operate a sailing craft, especially for sport.
3. Nautical To start out on such a voyage or journey.
4. Nautical To travel by water in a vessel.
5. To move along or progress smoothly or effortlessly: sailed into the room five minutes late; sailed through the exam; sailed through the red light.
1. Nautical To navigate or manage (a vessel).
2. Nautical To voyage upon or across: sail the Pacific.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters sail, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points