Yes, epic is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 10 points by itself.
1. Heroic and impressive in quality: "Here in the courtroom . . . there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment” ( Scott Turow).
2. Of, constituting, having to do with, or suggestive of a literary epic: an epic poem.
3. Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: "A vast musical panorama . . . it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice” ( Tim Page).
4. Of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an epic .
5. Extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope .
1. A literary or dramatic composition that resembles an extended narrative poem celebrating heroic feats.
2. A series of events considered appropriate to an epic: the epic of the Old West.
3. An extended narrative poem in elevated or dignified language, celebrating the feats of a legendary or traditional hero.
4. A long narrative poem in elevated style recounting the deeds of a legendary or historical hero .
5. A work of art (as a novel or drama) that resembles or suggests an epic.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters epic, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points