Yes, out is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 4 points.
1. Baseball Not allowed to continue to bat or run; retired.
2. Directed away from a place or center; outgoing: the out doorway.
3. Extinguished: The lights were out next door.
4. Informal Openly gay, lesbian, or bisexual: an out performer.
5. No longer fashionable.
1. Away from a usual place: stepped out for a drink of water; went out for the evening.
2. Away from the center or middle: The troops fanned out.
3. Baseball So as to be retired, or counted as an out: He grounded out to the shortstop.
4. From among others: picked out the thief in the crowd.
5. From inside a building or shelter into the open air; outside: The boy went out to play.
1. On the outs Informal Not on friendly terms; disagreeing.
1. Used in two-way radio to indicate that a transmission is complete and no reply is expected.
1. Baseball A play in which a batter or base runner is retired.
2. Baseball The player retired in such a play.
3. Informal A means of escape: The window was my only out.
4. One that is out, especially one who is out of power.
5. Printing A word or other part of a manuscript omitted from the printed copy.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters out, you can also use this lookup tool to help you find words for the popular New York Times game Wordle.
Top Words by points