Yes, up is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 6 points.
1. Upper Peninsula (of Michigan).
1. As a bet; at stake.
2. Baseball At bat.
3. Being above a former position or level; higher: My grades are up. The pressure is up.
4. Being considered; under study: a contract that is up for renewal.
5. Facing upward: two cards up, one down; the up side of a tossed coin.
1. Above a surface: coming up for air.
2. Above the horizon: as the sun came up.
3. Apart; into pieces: tore it up.
4. Completely; entirely: drank it up in a gulp; fastened up the coat.
5. Each; apiece: The score was tied at 11 up.
1. Up against Confronted with; facing: up against a strong opponent.
2. Up to As long as: allowed up to two hours to finish the test.
3. Up to As many as: seed that yields up to 300 bushels per acre.
4. Up to Dependent on: The success of this project is up to us.
5. Up to Occupied with, especially devising or scheming: a prowler up to no good.
1. An upward movement or trend.
2. An upward slope; a rise.
3. Slang A feeling of excitement or euphoria.
4. One in a high or advantageous position.
5. An upward slope.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters up, you can also use this lookup tool to help you find words for the popular New York Times game Wordle.
Top Words by points