Yes, tell is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 6 points by itself.
1. A mound, especially in the Middle East, made up of the remains of a succession of previous settlements.
2. An ancient mound in the Middle East composed of remains of successive settlements.
3. (especially in poker) an unconscious action that is thought to betray an attempted deception.
4. (in the Middle East) an artificial mound formed by the accumulated remains of ancient settlements.
1. Tell off Informal To rebuke severely; reprimand.
1. To relate in detail.
2. To give utterance to.
3. To make known.
4. To express in words.
5. To give information to.
1. To give an account or revelation: is prepared to break silence and tell.
2. To give evidence; inform: promised not to tell on her friend.
3. To have an effect or impact: In this game every move tells.
1. To discover by observation; discern: could tell that he was upset.
2. To give a detailed account of; narrate: tell what happened; told us a story.
3. To give instructions to; direct: told the customers to wait in line.
4. To inform positively; assure: I tell you, the plan will work.
5. To make known; reveal: tell a secret; tell fortunes.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters tell, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points