Yes, sun is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 5 points by itself.
1. In the sun In the public eye.
2. Under the sun On the earth; in the world.
1. A star that is the basis of the solar system and that sustains life on Earth, being the source of heat and light. It has a mean distance from Earth of about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles) a diameter of approximately 1,390,000 kilometers (864,000 miles) and a mass about 330,000 times that of Earth.
2. A star that is the center of a planetary system.
3. A sunlike object, representation, or design.
4. The radiant energy, especially heat and visible light, emitted by the sun; sunshine.
5. The luminous celestial body around which the earth and other planets revolve, from which they receive heat and light, which is composed mainly of hydrogen and helium, and which has a mean distance from earth of about 93,000,000 miles (150,000,000 kilometers), a linear diameter of 864,000 miles (1,390,000 kilometers), and a mass 332,000 times greater than earth.
1. To expose to or as if to the rays of the sun.
2. To sun oneself.
1. To expose oneself or itself to the sun.
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters sun, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points