Yes, set is in the scrabble dictionary
...and is worth 3 points by itself.
1. Established by convention: followed set procedures for filing a grievance.
2. Established deliberately; intentional: Our set purpose is to win the conflict.
3. Fixed or established by agreement: a set time for the launching.
4. Intent and determined: "He is dead set against rushing abroad to build a plant” ( Fortune).
5. Ready: We are set to leave early tomorrow morning.
1. Set (someone) straight To correct (someone) by providing full and accurate information.
2. Set fire to To cause to ignite and burn.
3. Set foot in To enter.
4. Set foot on To step on.
5. Set in motion To give impetus to: The indictment set the judicial process in motion.
1. A descent below the horizon.
2. A group of books or periodicals published as a unit.
3. A group of persons sharing a common interest: the high-school set.
4. A group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used: a chess set.
5. A number of couples required for participation in a square dance.
1. Set about To begin or start: set about solving the problem.
2. Set apart To make noticeable: character traits that set her apart.
3. Set apart To reserve for a specific use.
4. Set aside To declare invalid; annul or overrule: The court has set aside the conviction.
5. Set aside To discard or reject.
1. To cause to sit place in or on a seat.
2. To put (a fowl) on eggs to hatch them.
3. To put (eggs) for hatching under a fowl or into an incubator.
4. To place (oneself) in position to start running in a race.
5. To place with care or deliberate purpose and with relative stability .
Find More Words!
Here are some other words you could make with the letters set, you can also
use this lookup tool to help you find words with our scrabble word finder.
Top Words by points